A youth who was smoking on a personal vaporiser at a void deck was shocked when the device spewed flames into his mouth.
Stomper K came across a video of the incident on Twitter and wishes to share it to highlight how dangerous this incident was.
A vaporiser is a battery-powered handheld device that delivers nicotine to the user by inhalation of vapour.
The vapour is produced when a button is pressed, heating up a coil that vaporises a liquid stored within the device.
Liquids come in a wide variety of flavours and typically contain nicotine.
In the clip, the youth is seen speaking to the camera before starting to smoke on the vaporiser.
As the youth is inhaling from the device, it spits out flames while still in his mouth.
The youth quickly brings the device away from his fame, before coughing out the smoke.He seems to have a shocked expression.
The current legislation in Singapore is that no one is allowed to import, distribute, sell or offer for sale any product that imitates cigarettes, and that includes all forms of vaping devices.
Offenders may be fined up to $5,000 for the first offence, and up to $10,000 subsequently.
Some netizens have also pointed out that perhaps the device's voltage was too high, or it possibly contained too much cotton, resulting in the flames.