A fire broke out at Joo Seng food centre on Sunday (June 17), forcing customers and stallholders to evacuate the premises.
STOMPer Vidhya wrote:
"Fire at Joo Seng food centre.
"The seafood stall workers and owners left the stall unattended during lunch hour and the fire started off from there and spread above the entire food centre!
"The best part was that the fire was heavily blazing above LPG highly flammable gas cylinders, which could have set off an explosion."
A spokesperson from the SCDF said:
"The SCDF received a call at 4.05pm. By then, everyone had safely left the food centre, at Block 1, Upper Aljunied Lane.
"The fire was localised in an area of the ventilation ducting right above the stall, and was not threatening to spread.
"It was put out within 10 minutes. No one was injured.
"The neighbouring stalls also did not suffer any damage."