STOMPer Derrick noticed that a resident at the 15th floor of Block 272 Toh Guan Road would leave the burning bins unattended, while burning incense. This woud result in soot marks on the walls and ceiling.
Said the STOMPer:
"I happened to see inconsiderate neighbours burning their incense paper at the lift corridor when there are burning bins (facilities provided by the Town Council) located at the void deck.
"During the process of burning, the neighbours left their burner unattended and in the end, this resulted in black soot and marks being left at the location.
"Verbal warnings have been given to the affected unit by the Town Council all these while (Offence committed not the first time, for three years), but nonetheless, the inconsiderate neighbours ignore the warning repeatedly and continue do their burning activities and stuffs, right at the lift corridor.
"I am just wondering where and when will the ban on burning activities (such as incense burning) at the lift corridors, or common corridors be enforced? Or the enforcement will only apply when someone is hurt during the fire hazard, and property is damage.
"I have seen the entire process of the burning flow take place, and my only comment is when they are burning, you can expect think smoke and flames right at the common corridor. Half burnt incense paper will be flying throughout everywhere.
"If you never shut your main door, fire hazard can take place when the half burnt incense paper flies into your home.
"My concern is some kind of strict enforcement needs to be applied to the lift corridors (for example, no smoking has been effectively ban on lifts, perhaps, this can be applied to the incense burner) before serious damage is done by the unnoticed fire hazard."