A 60-year-old Chinese man suffered 2nd degree burns due to a fire in a seventh storey flat from Bukit Batok Street 25 Block 288F on April 19. The SCDF put out the fire and conveyed the man to the hospital.
An SCDF spokesperson said:
"The SCDF received a call at 3.24pm, informing us of a fire in the master bedroom of a flat on the seventh floor of Block 288F, Bukit batok Street 25.
"One fire engine, one red rhino, one ambulance and one support vehicle were sent to the location.
"SCDF personnel used two water jets to extinguish the fire.
"A 60-year-old Chinese man suffered 2nd-degree burns, and was conveyed to NUH.
"He was in a stable and alert condition."
Said the STOMPer:
"My neighbours were saying that a fire broke out at the seventh floor of Bukit Batok Street 25 Block 288F.
"They also said they saw broken glass shards near that location.
"I had reached that place at 4pm on April 19, and I saw an ambulance and a fire engine there.
"There was also thick smoke around that area.
"No one was injured due to the incident."