A STOMPer found workers directly outside her second storey flat setting up a tent. They were so close, they could 'practically walk into her home'. After receiving this feedback, the town council advised the host to lower the tent and it was complied with immediately.
Said the Sembawang - Nee Soon Town Council spokesperson (Jun 7):
"We refer to the Stomp posting 'Rude shock for resident as workers put up tent directly outside her window' dated 23 May 2012 by STOMPer Wendy.
"The Sembawang- Nee Soon Town Council regrets the unpleasant encounter the STOMPer had and shares her concern about privacy and security issues with the setting up of such high tents.
"Upon receiving the STOMPer's feedback, our officer had kindly advised the host to lower his tent in order not to inconvenience other residents.
"In this case, the host complied immediately after being approached.
"We will continue to remind residents against the erecting of high tents at common property and open spaces.
"We wish to thank the Stomper for this valuable feedback.
"Should the writer require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us at 63683100."