SINGAPORE SEENGOT SERVICE OR NOT
Cashier argues with customer over SAFRA card -- and refuses to back down
Posted on 26 June 2013 | | 1 comments
A cashier at Giant Hypermart in Tampines started grumbling after STOMPer Desmond asked about his SAFRA card while making payment on Jun 17. She then went on a rant and would not stop arguing with him.
He added that the cashier had also challenged him to hit her.
In a phone conversation with STOMP, Desmond said:
"This happened on Jun 17 at Giant Tampines.
"I was making payment on my purchase with Cashier 'X' and asked whether customers need to produce their SAFRA card for verification, for using SAFRA vouchers.
"X then asked her colleague, Cashier 'Angel' the same question.
"Angel said yes and then started grumbling in front of us in Chinese.
"She kept on ranting even after I requested for her to stop, as if using SAFRA vouchers was an offence or trouble.
"She even said she was not talking to me so why should I bother.
"What happened after the video was that her second manager arrived at the scene.
"However, her ranting got worse and she even challenged me to hit her!
"I kept my cool, but was surprised that the manager could not even keep this 'Angel' under their wings!
"In the presence of two managers, she still did not stop!!
"The managers apologised to me but it is not them who are in the wrong.
"I was with my foreigner friends and they asked if this was what service in Singapore was like.
"I said no and that this was an exception."
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- What happened? Chaos erupts as group of Filipinos...
- Guy rages at Yishun library: He even brings up NS...
- Woman who insulted ITE students used my pic on her...
- Fighting over seats on public transport: Singapore...
- Angry dad slaps 7-year-old boy for pinching son...
- Argument ensues after Toyota driver crashes into C...
- Security called in after man causes commotion duri...
- What happened? Argument between woman and supermar...
- Man drives vehicle registered to Dutch embassy, pa...
- Cafe employee allegedly hurls vulgarities at custo...
- Guy raging at Yishun library is not 'Commando...
- 2 drunk men trade blows outside Geylang 7-Eleven o...
All Comments (1)
"Amulet" seller on Facebook claims this will bring you luck -- and what it contains will creep you out
Wondering why driver would leave parking coupon outside car? Well, you haven't looked closely enough
Stomper shares his experience with Carousell buyer -- and there are no words to describe their conversation
- MOST POPULAR
- MOST COMMENTED
DON'T MISS THESE...
Myanmar fans show sporting behaviour by cleaning Jln Besar stadium after goalless draw with Malaysia
20-month old Fujian girl in coma after falling into boiling pot of soup -- but family's ordeal is far from over
Stomp Citizen Journalism Awards Month 3