SINGAPORE SEENGOT SERVICE OR NOT
Cashier argues with customer over SAFRA card -- and refuses to back down
Posted on 26 June 2013 | | 1 comments
A cashier at Giant Hypermart in Tampines started grumbling after STOMPer Desmond asked about his SAFRA card while making payment on Jun 17. She then went on a rant and would not stop arguing with him.
He added that the cashier had also challenged him to hit her.
In a phone conversation with STOMP, Desmond said:
"This happened on Jun 17 at Giant Tampines.
"I was making payment on my purchase with Cashier 'X' and asked whether customers need to produce their SAFRA card for verification, for using SAFRA vouchers.
"X then asked her colleague, Cashier 'Angel' the same question.
"Angel said yes and then started grumbling in front of us in Chinese.
"She kept on ranting even after I requested for her to stop, as if using SAFRA vouchers was an offence or trouble.
"She even said she was not talking to me so why should I bother.
"What happened after the video was that her second manager arrived at the scene.
"However, her ranting got worse and she even challenged me to hit her!
"I kept my cool, but was surprised that the manager could not even keep this 'Angel' under their wings!
"In the presence of two managers, she still did not stop!!
"The managers apologised to me but it is not them who are in the wrong.
"I was with my foreigner friends and they asked if this was what service in Singapore was like.
"I said no and that this was an exception."
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Stomper chopes foodcourt table with tissue packets...
- Police detain woman for Kuantan road bully case
- Residents and guards clash at Kitchener condo: New...
- Woman destroys prayer items at void deck because t...
- Jilted Shenzhen bride who dressed up as 70-year-ol...
- Customer and restaurant staff have shouting match...
- Woman tries to hit uncle with umbrella after he ac...
- Man stands on edge of 12th storey ledge in Telok B...
- Bullies film themselves kicking and punching girl...
- 'Poly grad' auntie says students from lo...
- Man leaves 500m trail of blood outside Commonwealt...
- Chinese tourists exchange blows on Thai Airways fl...
All Comments (1)
Whoever has turned away from this abandoned house will regret it -- because this guy entered and won big
Creepy WWII bunker in S'pore will be open to public for first time in 70 years: Here's where it's located
Another ridiculous SIA complaint: Man annoyed for not getting business class upgrade because of his long legs
You haven't seen messy until you enter this apartment where its previous tenants got kicked out from
Yunnan woman is willing to marry anyone -- as long as he can pay her dying brother's $65,000 medical bills
Parents bring toddler to hospital after he swallows unknown object -- but never expected to find this in X-ray
- MOST POPULAR
- MOST COMMENTED
DON'T MISS THESE...
Love Story: We started out as Changkat Changi's most incompatible couple -- but she's my fiancée now
Thief in Malaysia snatches handbag from couple -- only to be knocked down and killed by oncoming car
Stomp Citizen Journalism Awards Month 5