SINGAPORE SEENGOT SERVICE OR NOT
Cashier argues with customer over SAFRA card -- and refuses to back down
Posted on 26 June 2013 | | 1 comments
A cashier at Giant Hypermart in Tampines started grumbling after STOMPer Desmond asked about his SAFRA card while making payment on Jun 17. She then went on a rant and would not stop arguing with him.
He added that the cashier had also challenged him to hit her.
In a phone conversation with STOMP, Desmond said:
"This happened on Jun 17 at Giant Tampines.
"I was making payment on my purchase with Cashier 'X' and asked whether customers need to produce their SAFRA card for verification, for using SAFRA vouchers.
"X then asked her colleague, Cashier 'Angel' the same question.
"Angel said yes and then started grumbling in front of us in Chinese.
"She kept on ranting even after I requested for her to stop, as if using SAFRA vouchers was an offence or trouble.
"She even said she was not talking to me so why should I bother.
"What happened after the video was that her second manager arrived at the scene.
"However, her ranting got worse and she even challenged me to hit her!
"I kept my cool, but was surprised that the manager could not even keep this 'Angel' under their wings!
"In the presence of two managers, she still did not stop!!
"The managers apologised to me but it is not them who are in the wrong.
"I was with my foreigner friends and they asked if this was what service in Singapore was like.
"I said no and that this was an exception."
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Husband locks himself in house after wife threaten...
- Man allegedly threw hot tea at female employee aft...
- Long argument ensues after couple scold wheelchair...
- GF won't stop screaming at BF in kopitiam --...
- Angry driver gives lorry both fingers for blocking...
- Arrested: Woman who threw calculator and food at U...
- Couple argues loudly on MRT -- while drinking Sing...
- BMW driver blocks 2 vehicles in Bedok -- and make...
- Cyclists get into heated argument with Lau Pa Sat...
- Man challenges football fan to a fight in Jurong E...
- Chinese girls so engrossed in catfight they don...
- Man leaves crying GF alone at MRT station by walki...
All Comments (1)
Shenzhen bride turns up for photoshoot looking like 70-year-old to test BF's love -- but never expected his reaction
Student who complained to Starbucks about staff clearing drink apologises and gets counselling from school
- MOST POPULAR
- MOST COMMENTED
DON'T MISS THESE...
Is this fair? Music school lumps public holidays and annual leave together – and determines when staff should be away
Stomp Citizen Journalism Awards Month 2