SINGAPORE SEENGOT SERVICE OR NOT
Cashier argues with customer over SAFRA card -- and refuses to back down
Posted on 26 June 2013 | | 1 comments
A cashier at Giant Hypermart in Tampines started grumbling after STOMPer Desmond asked about his SAFRA card while making payment on Jun 17. She then went on a rant and would not stop arguing with him.
He added that the cashier had also challenged him to hit her.
In a phone conversation with STOMP, Desmond said:
"This happened on Jun 17 at Giant Tampines.
"I was making payment on my purchase with Cashier 'X' and asked whether customers need to produce their SAFRA card for verification, for using SAFRA vouchers.
"X then asked her colleague, Cashier 'Angel' the same question.
"Angel said yes and then started grumbling in front of us in Chinese.
"She kept on ranting even after I requested for her to stop, as if using SAFRA vouchers was an offence or trouble.
"She even said she was not talking to me so why should I bother.
"What happened after the video was that her second manager arrived at the scene.
"However, her ranting got worse and she even challenged me to hit her!
"I kept my cool, but was surprised that the manager could not even keep this 'Angel' under their wings!
"In the presence of two managers, she still did not stop!!
"The managers apologised to me but it is not them who are in the wrong.
"I was with my foreigner friends and they asked if this was what service in Singapore was like.
"I said no and that this was an exception."
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Stomper chopes foodcourt table with tissue packets...
- Police detain woman for Kuantan road bully case
- Residents and guards clash at Kitchener condo: New...
- Woman destroys prayer items at void deck because t...
- Woman tries to hit uncle with umbrella after he ac...
- Bullies film themselves kicking and punching girl...
- Man leaves 500m trail of blood outside Commonwealt...
- Chinese tourists exchange blows on Thai Airways fl...
- Woman in China gives elderly man a flying kick in...
- Man who blocked SBS bus and damaged wiper fined $4...
- Argument descends into chaos as men brawl all over...
- You bang me, I slap you, yells man during heated a...
All Comments (1)
- MOST POPULAR
- MOST COMMENTED
DON'T MISS THESE...
What happens when you cut lanes carelessly: Driver causes van to topple -- then crashes right into lorry
Bedok noodle seller and customer arrested after violent spat -- involving chopper, smashed bottle and hot soup
Explosion outside KL club which killed 1, injured 12: See how police detonate second bomb left under car
Stomp Citizen Journalism Awards Month 2