SINGAPORE SEENGOT SERVICE OR NOT
Cashier argues with customer over SAFRA card -- and refuses to back down
Posted on 26 June 2013 | | 1 comments
A cashier at Giant Hypermart in Tampines started grumbling after STOMPer Desmond asked about his SAFRA card while making payment on Jun 17. She then went on a rant and would not stop arguing with him.
He added that the cashier had also challenged him to hit her.
In a phone conversation with STOMP, Desmond said:
"This happened on Jun 17 at Giant Tampines.
"I was making payment on my purchase with Cashier 'X' and asked whether customers need to produce their SAFRA card for verification, for using SAFRA vouchers.
"X then asked her colleague, Cashier 'Angel' the same question.
"Angel said yes and then started grumbling in front of us in Chinese.
"She kept on ranting even after I requested for her to stop, as if using SAFRA vouchers was an offence or trouble.
"She even said she was not talking to me so why should I bother.
"What happened after the video was that her second manager arrived at the scene.
"However, her ranting got worse and she even challenged me to hit her!
"I kept my cool, but was surprised that the manager could not even keep this 'Angel' under their wings!
"In the presence of two managers, she still did not stop!!
"The managers apologised to me but it is not them who are in the wrong.
"I was with my foreigner friends and they asked if this was what service in Singapore was like.
"I said no and that this was an exception."
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Residents and guards clash at Kitchener condo: New...
- Woman destroys prayer items at void deck because t...
- Jilted Shenzhen bride who dressed up as 70-year-ol...
- Customer and restaurant staff have shouting match...
- Woman tries to hit uncle with umbrella after he ac...
- Man stands on edge of 12th storey ledge in Telok B...
- Bullies film themselves kicking and punching girl...
- 'Poly grad' auntie says students from lo...
- Man leaves 500m trail of blood outside Commonwealt...
- Police called in after bicycle gets thrown out of...
- Chinese tourists exchange blows on Thai Airways fl...
- Woman in China gives elderly man a flying kick in...
All Comments (1)
Hubei woman can't move and function normally after being locked up for 5 years -- by her own parents
Driver would never have parked on 2 lots at Novena Square 2's carpark if he knew this was going to happen
Dead fish first found on Punggol Beach, now on Pasir Ris Beach: You won't believe what might have caused this
Man makes terrifying find in photo of decommissioned ship -- onto which no one could have gotten on or off
DON'T MISS THESE...
Man continues talking on phone after allegedly spilling 'boiling hot' soup on boy in Bugis Junction foodcourt
Man taken off Shanghai Airlines flight after refusing to leave window seat which was not assigned to him
21 men and 35 women arrested in Geylang -- for offences including vice and sale of illegal sex products
Codeine addict drank more than 3,800 bottles of cough syrup -- which he got from doctors and black market
Diner finishes chicken rice at Compassvale coffeeshop... and really wishes he hadn't after seeing this on plate
Stomp Citizen Journalism Awards Month 7