SINGAPORE SEENGOT SERVICE OR NOT
Cashier argues with customer over SAFRA card -- and refuses to back down
Posted on 26 June 2013 | | 1 comments
A cashier at Giant Hypermart in Tampines started grumbling after STOMPer Desmond asked about his SAFRA card while making payment on Jun 17. She then went on a rant and would not stop arguing with him.
He added that the cashier had also challenged him to hit her.
In a phone conversation with STOMP, Desmond said:
"This happened on Jun 17 at Giant Tampines.
"I was making payment on my purchase with Cashier 'X' and asked whether customers need to produce their SAFRA card for verification, for using SAFRA vouchers.
"X then asked her colleague, Cashier 'Angel' the same question.
"Angel said yes and then started grumbling in front of us in Chinese.
"She kept on ranting even after I requested for her to stop, as if using SAFRA vouchers was an offence or trouble.
"She even said she was not talking to me so why should I bother.
"What happened after the video was that her second manager arrived at the scene.
"However, her ranting got worse and she even challenged me to hit her!
"I kept my cool, but was surprised that the manager could not even keep this 'Angel' under their wings!
"In the presence of two managers, she still did not stop!!
"The managers apologised to me but it is not them who are in the wrong.
"I was with my foreigner friends and they asked if this was what service in Singapore was like.
"I said no and that this was an exception."
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Man stands on edge of 12th storey ledge in Telok B...
- Bullies film themselves kicking and punching girl...
- 'Poly grad' auntie says students from lo...
- Man leaves 500m trail of blood outside Commonwealt...
- Police called in after bicycle gets thrown out of...
- Chinese tourists exchange blows on Thai Airways fl...
- Catfight at Jurong Point: Woman throws punches and...
- Woman in China gives elderly man a flying kick in...
- Women who spat at man in heated argument: Part 3 s...
- Stomper chopes foodcourt table with tissue packets...
- Young lovers' quarrel takes a bizzare and dea...
- Police detain woman for Kuantan road bully case
All Comments (1)
Couple kneeling with placards in middle of Bendemeer Road arrested: Here's what they were 'protesting' about
70-year-old woman rents out flat to bus drivers -- and is so upset by how damaged house is that she can't sleep
69-year-old female driver suspected of accidentally stepping on accelerator and killing elderly pedestrian at Bukit Panjang carpark
DON'T MISS THESE...
Heroic strangers rush pregnant woman to SGH after finding her lying by roadside -- but end up helping her deliver baby in their car
Stomp Citizen Journalism Awards Month 12